Clayton Construction Service has several different solutions for your flat roofing needs. Each system depends on many variables like existing roof, design and desired roof warranty. We can install a two-ply modified torch down membrane system with a 20-40 year warranty or simply extend the life of your existing system with our inspection and restoration process. Flat roofing projects in southern Louisiana are a challenge for many different reasons. For starters with so much annual rainfall in New Orleans, there is no room for error as with pitched roofing systems that allow for natural water flow and water diversion as a secondary protection measure. A flat roofing application must be done correctly and applied in a very specific manner using a very specific heat source in order to guarantee the proper seal and adhesion between plies and layers.
Tips For Hiring a Flat Roofing Contractor in New Orleans
- Check Safety equipment and practices of the company you want to hire. When you are choosing a roofing company for your flat roofing project be sure to ask for some of their existing job site locations and drive by to see how safe the team is.
- Do they have fire extinguishers nearby (within 10 feet)?
- Are the workers tied off to any fall restraint system?
- How many roof access points are there, and are there any boundaries (taped off areas for safety)
- Check the quality of the work of the flat roofing team. As discussed flat roofing can have many application types however almost all of them require asphalt/tar and a heat source, whether hot tar is pumped up to the roof top and mopped down or it is a touchdown membrane. Look for tar spots on the gutters/siding from spills and drips.
- Ask for the insurance information for the roofing companies you choose for flat roofing. This is especially important as flat roofing almost always requires heat and that increases the chance of fire and explosions. Are they adequately covered to work on your home or office?
- Ask about the companies leaks and fixes policy. What happens if there is a leak. How soon do they come out and how will they fix it?
Keep in mind this list is not exhaustive however these are common things we educate potential and existing customers on with any project. We strive to deliver the highest quality of craftsmanship with all of our flat roofing projects. In addition, we make sure that our customers are protected for their peace of mind and the security of knowing they are using the best roofing company in the New Orleans area.